My hearty welcome to one and all. I would like to thank you all for responding to our invitation and gracing this occasion.
I have great pleasure in presenting to you the Annual Day Report.This year has been a very eventful one for us. We have made great efforts to transform ourselves completely into the CCE format and have been extremely successful in most of our endeavors. Apart from preparing the children to qualify for purely academic demands, special efforts are being made continuously to enable them to face the challenges of the competitive world. It’s a matter of great importance to us that the students who pass out from our portals should carry forward the values they have inherited, excel in whatever they do and be role models in the society.
Let me give you a Brief History of CALPS:
Computer Aided Learning Public School – CALPS, was a dream of our founders Mr.R.P.Seth and Mrs Shashi Seth. It was realized and established in the year 1991.
Mr R P Seth , A Computer scientist who worked in E C I L has the credit of designing India’s computers at BARC.
He also established the company “LOCKNIL” which provides infrastructure and office automation services to leading schools and corporate companies in the state.
Having the opportunity to visit several renowned institutions, during the course of his career, a desire to start an educational institution on his own was born and hence came CALPS 22 years ago. We also have our SSC branches at ECIL, Old Safilguda.
We are proud to report that 2011-12 batch of X Std students have brought laurels to the school by their excellent results. We achieved 100% results in CBSE class X examination held in March 2012 with more than 86.5 % First classes. The number of students who have achieved the MERIT Certificate from CBSE has increased to 9 from 4. The Merit certificate is a SPECIAL recognition from CBSE for students who have excelled in the fields of academics, sports and co-curricular activities.. This was possible because of the continuous efforts by the dedicated staff and by taking extra classes and other remedial measures to improve them.
- Our Biggest achievement in the current year was to migrate from the old system of examinations to the continuous and comprehensive Evaluation (CCE) process for the complete school from Class 1st to 10th. CCE is the format implemented by CBSE, keeping in view the INTERNATIONAL standards in education. The child’s academics performance is measured in a series of Formative and Summative examinations with a lot of emphasis on Learning through Doing Process.
- At CALPS all examinations are conducted in a board format where the question papers are designed by multiple teachers so that every time a child writes the exam, he is facing a new challenge on his own without any help from his teachers.
- We have Incorporated 6 mobile DIGITAL Visual rooms for demonstration of the smart classes. The school has tied up with EXTRA MARKS company for interactive teaching from KG to 10th. The SMART CLASS provides great support through audio visual approach in addition to the normal chalk and talk method.
- Our students were given the opportunity to participate in All India Talent Examination in mathematics , science, English and IT organized by Olympiad foundation of different streams. Many students have reached the state and national level in these examinations.
- Special Communiqué program has been organized from primary classes to enhance their communication skills .
- A large number of projects have been implemented in the year to emphasize on the concept of learning through doing for better concept penetration.
Co-Curricular Activities: A host of co-curricular activities have been organized during the year. This year the school has introduced a new subject called “ Theatre and Drama” , where the children get to learn the art of public speaking, body language depiction and the talent of SELF Expression. Every FRIDAY the school showcases a talent hunt by the school children who depict a theme for the students.
PICNICS and Excursions:
“ ALL Work and NO Play makes Jack a Dull Boy” . The school has organized one day picnic programs for the students. The students of Pre-primary classes were taken to the Nehru Zoological Park, while the students of 3rd and 4th were taken to Sreenidhi Resorts. The students of Middle school were taken to for a ADVENTURE CAMP by ERUDITE Adventures where they carried out a host of activities like River Crossing, Zorbing, Rappelling. This was one day when all the teacher and the students together collectively had all the fun.
A one week excursion program from Hyderabad to Pune, Panchagani, Mahabaleshwar, Bhor adventure resorts was organized by the school. 50 students went along with 4 teachers and the in-charge and visited all the places. A special day was organized for them to experience Adventure sports like River Rafting, Sailing, mountain climbing etc.
To promote the competitive spirit and to bring out the talent of the students, they are encouraged to participate in various co-curricular activities. Competitions like Calligraphy, Drawing and Painting, Essay writing, singing, Recitation, Elocution, Dance, Fancy dress, Spell Bee, Mono action and mimicry, Dramatics, diya painting etc. were conducted during the course of the year.
The school has many students who not only excel in academics but also in the area of Dance, Music, Theatre and art. A lot of them have already performed on stage to the outside world thus making a interesting career out of these areas.
SCIENCE EXHIBITION: The science exhibition was held in the month of December . The students came forward with new creative ideas and models on topics given separately for every class. Many new concepts regarding the designing of future city, new energy concepts etc. were showcased by the students.
Social Responsibility: It is important for the children to realize how privileged they are to have wonderful parents like you. The school has conducted 2 social responsibility camps during the year for the children to realize the importance of sharing and helping. A massive donation camp was organized at the school where all the parents were requested to contribute clothes, books and accessories. These were further distributed to 4 old age and orphanage homes in the city by the students of class 8, 9 and 10th. We thank the parents for the contributions.
Water camps were setup by the school students in multiple locations during the month of May-12 to serve water to the passersby. This was a novel way to serve the society.
Our school office bearers were officially sworn in a very impressive investiture ceremony on August 14th 2012. The school cabinet was lead by our Head Boy Mr.Manish Dasan and Head girl Miss. Kiranmai..
The ceremony began with the guard of honour for the chief guest followed by a colorful march past. The office bearers were briefed about their responsibilities by the Director of CALPS. An excellent skating performance was put up by the students followed by a cultural program.
Independence Day was celebrated with a patriotic spirit by hoisting the national flag. A talk on the significance of 15th August and the spirit it symbolizes was given by our director Mr.R.P.Seth.
An Eye camp was conducted by the Doctors of Lawrence and Mayo for the students of class 4th to 10th. 3 day Dental camp was conducted by team of Vasan Dental care hospital. In addition to this – Regular height , weight and chest measurements have been recorded for all the students in the beginning of the year. These will be compared with the year end measurements and reported to the parents in the final report.
The school believes in getting many organizations for in house training purposes. Many of our teachers were sent for In-service training programmes and workshops to enhance their teaching skills. Authors of all major publishers of books have come to the school to train our teachers. The SFA Seminar was conducted by Lions club which the children expressed about their experiences and how the program has helped them counter many deficiencies and temptations.
In addition to this many other seminars from companies such as Deloitte and Tweish, Pediasure, The earth organization, Real Natural health care have been conducted in the school in the areas of career guidance, food and nutrition and conservation of nature.
Many in-house seminars for the parents of calps were organized in the current year to acquaint them with the changing system of the CCE.
International Exchange Program: The worlds is getting smaller every day and keeping the global exposure in mind the school had signed a INTERNATIONAL exchange program with AIESEC group, 2 teachers from china were with CALPS for a period of 1 month. They taught the students leadership programs, group building activities and the international exposure to multiple countries. Our children were very excited to be taught by foreign faculty and had a unique multi cultural experience.
Sports and Games:
The school has always been taking initiatives to get the best talent in the sports arena. We have consolidated the sports activities on the weekends where the school has tied up with professional coaches at national level for Basket Ball, Skating and Tennis to coach our children. These specially trained coaches are playing / coaching at many national events in the country and are training our students at CALPS. The sports program helps us in identifying talent in particular sports and give more exposure to the students. Some of our achievements are:
- The school has lifted the prestigious DC Sports – Cricket Trophy for the 3rd time, creating a record in the city. The students won a cash prize of 50,000/-
- CALPS has won the prestigious HCA under 14 knock out tournament under the guidance of our expert coach Vijay Paul (Ex-Ranji Player). Our students beat the students of all schools and colleges in Hyderabad.
- We are the champions of the LEPL T-20 trophy conducted by St.Andrews. Here again a cash prize of 50,000/- was awarded to the school children.
- We are proud to announce that our Tennis Prodigy Miss.Harsha Sai has achieved a ALL INDIA NATIONAL ATP ranking of 45. She has won many trophies during the year for tournament’s played all over india some of them being Under 14 GMR tennis academy winner, under 14 DC winner Inter school championship meet, , AITA under 14 winner ( doubles) and runners up in AITA under 14 singles. In addition to this we have master Justice Ikeh and Master G S Sumeet who have won many tournaments at the district levels.
- Geetika Mahapatro of 4th B has won Bronze Medal at the National Open Karate Champion 2013, in addition to this she has won silver at the A P State open karate championship and gold in twin city Hyderabad karate championship.
- In swimming Rithwija Dutta of class 4th has won the Gold medal for the swimming competition at L B Nagar, held by the Rajiv Gandhi Memorial association.
On Children’s day Inter-house sports competition in swimming, Short put, Volleyball, Basketball and Running Races were organized at the school premises.
It’s a matter of great pride for us to announce that 6 of our students represent the Hyderabad State team in cricket. Under 16 category has Vineeth Reddy, bharath Raj and D G J Chaitanya, and under 14 team Surya teja, amniketh reddy, k v sathvik. Year on year our school has been giving the highest number of players to the state team. Our heartiest congratulations to all of them.
All the good work of the school has been possible with the cooperation of our highly qualified and dedicated faculty. Our thanks to the management committee of our school for their able guidance and encouragement. If I were to put all the events at CALPS in a Nutshell, we encourage a child to observe, to explore, to experiment ,to probe, to analyze, to confront problems & find the solutions, Finally to develop the skills essential to face the future.
I would like to conclude by extending our sincere thanks to all the parents and each one of you our well wishers who have lent a supportive hand down through the years, in all our endeavors to produce a confident, educated and capable batch of students each year. Thus, shaping the future of your children who are the destiny of this country. I hope you enjoy the cultural programme, presented by our students and your evening with us is a pleasurable one.